- BOOK SELECTION: Books will be selected in accordance with the AMERICAN LIBRARY ASSOCIATION BILL OF RIGHTS.
- REGISTRATIONS and LOANS: At age 15 and up, an adult registration will be issued. Upon reaching age 5, with written parental permission, a student may be issued his/her own library card.
- The same privileges will be extended to both resident and non-resident borrowers of the Town of Gorham, the Town of Seneca, and the Marcus Whitman School District.
- We will accept a card from any other Pioneer Library System OWWL library.
- Loan period for most library materials will be 2 weeks, with the exceptions noted below.
- Video loan period is two library open days for new, and one week for non-new videos.
- There is no limit on the numbers of materials that may be borrowed at one time.
- Renewals may be made by telephone in case of illness or other extenuating circumstances.
- INTERLIBRARY LOAN: For all patrons, we will attempt to borrow materials we do not own through interlibrary loan.
- FINES and CHARGES: 20 cents per day for each book, etc. overdue. $1 per library day for videos, max $5 per video.
- Charges for lost and damaged books will be at the discretion of the Librarian.
- Interlibrary loan books are charged for every day the item is overdue.
- Books lost or damaged while on interlibrary loan will be charged for in accordance with the library from which the materials were sent.
- Library privileges may be revoked for non-payment of fines beyond $5.00 and/or damage or loss of library materials.
- PRINTING/COPYING: Staff will make copies on our copier for patrons at a charge of 25 cents a copy.
- Faxing: Staff can fax for our patrons on our fax machine for $1.50 for the first page and $1 for every page after.
- GIFTS: Gifts of money and books will be used at the discretion of the Library Director. Memorial books are welcomed. Used books are also welcomed, their disposition at the discretion of the librarian. We do not accept textbooks, Readers’ Digest Condensed books or Encyclopedia sets.
Adopted January 1991
Amended January 2002